Tracy Ross “How to Redesign Relationships: Insights into Sex Therapy and Discernment Counseling” on Breathe Into the Unknown with DeDe Hallerman Podcast #102
How to Redesign Relationships: Insights Into Sex Therapy and Discernment Counseling
Relationships can be challenging at times and require work from both parties to thrive.
My guest on the show today is Tracy Ross, a couples and family therapist in New York City. She has been working with couples at all phases of their relationship including pre-marriage and post-divorce for over 25 years.
“You can work on your communication, but your sex life won’t just follow along.”- Tracy Ross
Tracy uses Discernment Counseling which is designed to help couples that may be at a crossroad in their marriage to choose a direction for their relationship.
Tracy also helps couples with issues and possible shame in their sex life in a nonjudgmental manner and guides them to establish an intimate connection.
In this episode, you will learn:
- [3:44] Tracy describes Discernment Counseling and how it can be helpful at a crossroad in a relationship.
- [6:06] The process of Discernment Counseling.
- [10:28] How Tracy guides couples through talking about sex and how to gain an intimate connection.
- [13:27] How she provides a safe environment for couples to open up about uncomfortable topics.
- [18:51] The definition of what sex and intimacy means for the couple and understanding one anothers perspective.
- [27:10] How couples are using quarantine time to work on connecting with their communication and intimacy.
Follow DeDe Hallerman and BREATHE INTO THE UNKNOWN PODCAST on social media for updates, tips, and information: